Skip to main content

How to have a boudoir face everyday!

In boudoir photography, we look to achieve beautiful smooth, glowing skin! I have special lights, makeup artist, and some times a little editing to eek out that list ounce of beautiful! 

Like many of you I am beginning to see the age in my face but still deal with occasional break outs! Of course we all want to take care of ourselves and feel the best we can. Not everyone can or wants to go to the salon for treatments or have injections! But how can you achieve this boudoir ready look at home! It all starts with skin care! 

Healthy hydrated skin just glows better!

Here are a few product that I use! Below I will tell you about how and why I use them!



Differn gel is great to prevent acne, closes open pores, which makes the skin smoother and more youthful. Long term side effects are it naturally increase the collagen in your skin and can make you look younger! I only apply this at night and wash off in the morning and wear an oil free sunscreen to protect your skin while using this product! 

I use this 5% benzoyl peroxide wash I get (with out prescription) from the pharmacist or right on Amazon and get it delivered to my home! This cleans my skin and prevents any black heads or the "monthly break out" I only use this the week before and the week of my period, and only in the areas I know I tend to break out in... the T zone and my neck.

 I exfoliate a few times a month, not much... just to bring fresh new skin to the surface. I found I really like a silicone face scrubby like this! My hubby and teen uses them too now!

"The Ordinary" hyaluronic acid is great, apply while your skin is damp and it will help plump those fine lines!

I use a few times a week .5% retinol from "The Ordinary" company and I take a few drops and then gently apply it to my face and neck.

"The Ordinary" Squalane oil, I use this morning and night. This is not an oil like you would think an oil would be, it is a hydrator, this should be applied under your lotion. 

The pure aloe I like to use to help calm my rosacea! I wish I could tell you that it is a magic wand and makes your rosacea disappear, unfortunately it doesn't. But is is a cooling soothing relief. It does, appear to calm the redness, and the flushed feeling! 

After I do any of these treatments, I apply an oil free lotion to lock in all that good stuff I just did to my face! 

I do not do all of these every day, I did a little reading online after my dermatologist made some product suggestions and made a little plan that works for me! 

Next I can tell you guys How I cleared my hormonal acne on my neck! I literally went from large lumps of acne that would leave marks for months to the most clear skin in my adult life! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transformation Tuesday Give away

To Enter you must Share this blog post on your timeline  and comment below on why you would want to win. What you win is a transformation session and a digital images of your before and after.    

I choose to LOVE radically

I knew this day would come, a day that in our current political environment I would be faced with a decision as a conservative Christian woman should be a "struggle" for me. I should stand up for my faith and I should turn away clients that are LGBT... as a "good Christian" I should be a warrior for my faith!! Help guide them away from their sinful lifestyle. Take advantage of the opportunity to stop this "sin" in its track!!! I should furiously defend the teachings!!! YES here is MY chance to be a martyr!!!Here is MY chance to prove my faith!!!  So I did just that, I took this opportunity I was faced with and made a choice! I choose to love and to love radically, I was driving into my studio and ask myself accountability questions as I was questioning myself (don't read into this that I felt wrong about this, I felt at peace but I KNEW others will judge me) and I always ask myself accountability questions.  I turned on the radio to FLN to  the spea

"More Than a Mom" ~Lindsay

To find out more about being featured as a More than a mom click here Faced with divorce, I was forced to take a hard look at myself. Why doesn’t he love me anymore? What am I doing wrong? Turns out, he did still love me but I wasn’t me anymore. I had poured all of myself into being a mom after our youngest child’s Autism diagnosis. I could no longer think of the last time I did anything that didn’t involve the kids in some way. So, how do I get back to me? Who was/am I? I am more than a thirty four year old mom of three great kids. I am an athlete and I love the outdoors so I started running and hiking again. I am a great friend so I’m making an effort to hang out more. I am an artist; I am taking time to create again. I am a hard worker and I love my job, coworkers and the patients I serve. Most importantly, I am still my husbands smoking hot, sexy, spontaneous, free spirited soul mate. I am so sorry I lost sight of that. I still love him dearly. Lindsay Highhouse