Skip to main content

How to have a boudoir face everyday!

In boudoir photography, we look to achieve beautiful smooth, glowing skin! I have special lights, makeup artist, and some times a little editing to eek out that list ounce of beautiful! 

Like many of you I am beginning to see the age in my face but still deal with occasional break outs! Of course we all want to take care of ourselves and feel the best we can. Not everyone can or wants to go to the salon for treatments or have injections! But how can you achieve this boudoir ready look at home! It all starts with skin care! 

Healthy hydrated skin just glows better!

Here are a few product that I use! Below I will tell you about how and why I use them!



Differn gel is great to prevent acne, closes open pores, which makes the skin smoother and more youthful. Long term side effects are it naturally increase the collagen in your skin and can make you look younger! I only apply this at night and wash off in the morning and wear an oil free sunscreen to protect your skin while using this product! 

I use this 5% benzoyl peroxide wash I get (with out prescription) from the pharmacist or right on Amazon and get it delivered to my home! This cleans my skin and prevents any black heads or the "monthly break out" I only use this the week before and the week of my period, and only in the areas I know I tend to break out in... the T zone and my neck.

 I exfoliate a few times a month, not much... just to bring fresh new skin to the surface. I found I really like a silicone face scrubby like this! My hubby and teen uses them too now!

"The Ordinary" hyaluronic acid is great, apply while your skin is damp and it will help plump those fine lines!

I use a few times a week .5% retinol from "The Ordinary" company and I take a few drops and then gently apply it to my face and neck.

"The Ordinary" Squalane oil, I use this morning and night. This is not an oil like you would think an oil would be, it is a hydrator, this should be applied under your lotion. 

The pure aloe I like to use to help calm my rosacea! I wish I could tell you that it is a magic wand and makes your rosacea disappear, unfortunately it doesn't. But is is a cooling soothing relief. It does, appear to calm the redness, and the flushed feeling! 

After I do any of these treatments, I apply an oil free lotion to lock in all that good stuff I just did to my face! 

I do not do all of these every day, I did a little reading online after my dermatologist made some product suggestions and made a little plan that works for me! 

Next I can tell you guys How I cleared my hormonal acne on my neck! I literally went from large lumps of acne that would leave marks for months to the most clear skin in my adult life! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transformation Tuesday Give away

To Enter you must Share this blog post on your timeline  and comment below on why you would want to win. What you win is a transformation session and a digital images of your before and after.    

Erotica Vs. Boudoir

  For me,  erotica  is about the beauty of fantasy and engaging in people’s sexual fantasies for their own personal pleasure. My desire has been to create and produce elegant, tasteful and arousing images together with  erotic  stories, and an elegant  erotic  photography gallery that women and couples would find acceptable and pleasurable. Boudoir:  a woman's bedroom or private room. Erotica :   literature or art intended to arouse sexual desire. As you can see just from the definition of boudoir, it leaves so much to the imagination! As each one of us are different so will your boudoir experience! I decided to write this a while ago and just needed to define, for me, and this studio how we will separate boudoir from our erotica. As many of you know I am down for a fun shoot, but I want to always have clear upfront communications with my clients to ensure the best experience for you!  During a shoot I will pose you and or instruct you t...

Little information about a shoot!

  Hello!! Thank you so m uch for contacting me about a session! I want to first let you know my mission: “Through my art I want to offer a safe place for women to give themselves permission to love and accept themselves as they are forgetting and letting go of all perceived imperfections and embracing the beauty they are. We all deserve this.” With this as the driving force in my why I do what I do, I want to assure you that we offer nothing but the best from on location makeup and hair, wardrobe consultation, print service and album.  All orders are invoiced to allow you the convenience to pay as you wish!  If you are wondering how far in advance…. is to far in advance to have your shoot done… I say plan ahead and be ready! I will book up months in advance, so grab your slot sooner than you think you will need to!  Little bit of info everyone wants to know about: Bring 2-3 of your own outfits. I do have high heels in sizes 6-10, pearl necklaces, fur coats and other ...