Skip to main content

"More Than a Mom" ~ Ashley

To find out about being a featured blog follow this link click here


Ashley~ More Than A Mom



Tell me about you and your family:
I am 25, my husband is 29 and we have a beautiful blue eyed 8 month old baby girl. we also have a fur daughter, Jetta. she is a one year goldendoodle. though, I should start by how we became a family. Matt and I's love story almost didn't happen. I was 21 when I first met Matt. We met on the dating app plenty of fish. I saw his profile first and messaged him. He took like a week to respond. I later found out that it took that long because he thought I would be a "wild child" when he saw the pictures of my tattoos. After texting for a while we decided to meet in person. I was so nervous I made my friend go with me. The whole time at Tim Hortons I barely spoke a word to Matt. Our relationship started out like an awkward middle school relationship even though we were in our 20s. We did group dates and texted more than we spoke in person. When we had our first group date we met at the mall parking lot and went to the movies. When the date was over he opened my door and asked if he could kiss me. It was perfect. Our romance since then has been on the fast track. He asked me to marry him a couple days before my 22 birthday. We got married when I was 23. Two month into our marriage we so excited to find out we were expecting. At 24 after 32 hours of 3 to 5 minute contractions plus back labor Aleigha Grace Abbey entered the world. She is my miracle baby. We thought we lost her twice because of bleed. also at 32 weeks a sonogram revealed she was only 5 pounds 2 ounces. my doctor was worried she wasn't growing. After bed rest and constant tests to monitor her weight she was born weighing 5 pounds 11 ounces. So that is the Story of my family. Now the hard part. Its Never easy talking about myself. Growing up I was a Tom boy. That is why I think it would be fun to do a glamour shoot because I have never been the makeup type. I was always the fat girl who wore baggy clothes and played with the boys. Starting in 7th grade until freshman year in college I spun sabre, rifle and flag in Jamestown's color guard and winter guard program. My senior year of high school after world championships I had 102 fever for many days. body aches so bad I could barley get out of bed. 6 months later I found out I had lyme disease. 6 months later my Lyme disease was under control. Some other random facts about me are I like to take photos with my camera when I have time (I'm not anywhere close to being as good as you but I enjoy it), I just started archery. I also love to craft. 


As I said above I love to craft. This makes me more than a mom. After having Aleigha I kind of lost my identity until recently. I like to give back to the community. Matt and I donated 150 personal care items and food to people at St, Susans. We have placed hats and gloves on the lines for people in need. Currently am making hats for babies born at WCA. When this mini project is over I want to make chemo bags for cancer patients. With homemade hats, lotion and other items 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transformation Tuesday Give away

To Enter you must Share this blog post on your timeline  and comment below on why you would want to win. What you win is a transformation session and a digital images of your before and after.    

I choose to LOVE radically

I knew this day would come, a day that in our current political environment I would be faced with a decision as a conservative Christian woman should be a "struggle" for me. I should stand up for my faith and I should turn away clients that are LGBT... as a "good Christian" I should be a warrior for my faith!! Help guide them away from their sinful lifestyle. Take advantage of the opportunity to stop this "sin" in its track!!! I should furiously defend the teachings!!! YES here is MY chance to be a martyr!!!Here is MY chance to prove my faith!!!  So I did just that, I took this opportunity I was faced with and made a choice! I choose to love and to love radically, I was driving into my studio and ask myself accountability questions as I was questioning myself (don't read into this that I felt wrong about this, I felt at peace but I KNEW others will judge me) and I always ask myself accountability questions.  I turned on the radio to FLN to  the spea

As always a crowd pleaser ;) Krista