Skip to main content

A little note to you....



Why do I say I only shoot one thing? Why don't I do weddings AND High School Seniors AND newborns AND children... Wouldn't that make me WAY more successful?



No, I can honestly say that shooting more, to me, does not make me more successful.



Any photographer who truly understands the art of photography and not just taking pictures knows there are certain lenses and lighting that works best for each situation. There are unique posing styles that work best for each genre. To attempt to do every style of photography to the highest potential boggles my brain at the level of classes and lenses and particularly intimate knowledge of EVERY trend, in every genre.. the amount of research and retraining that I would go through yearly would hardly leave time for shooting.





I have agreed to a few newborn sessions and I am doing a few High school seniors this year as always.



But, I am a boudoir photographer. The details involved in a session are pain staking planned right down to the pinky... and it all matters, where the foot lays where the hand is placed, and how each and every pose works for each woman's body is different. No two bodies are the same, so to just put on an outfit and lay on the bed... that doesn't do it!



Why am I different. I approach what I do as an art, I leave flexibility in my schedule so I am not watching the clock... this session is way to important to just be a timed session... I shoot until we are satisfied, sometimes it becomes a whole second session!! (at no charge) I give my 100% in each session... I have stopped in the middle of a session and talked with a lady who was struggling to SEE the beauty in herself that was so obvious to the rest of the world... I am creating an experience to stay with you. This isn't a "picture session" this is an event, this is a mind blowing life changing experience...



To think about it from my perspective.... I create art that you are the showcase of, I am not offering a service. Some photographers are in the service industry, and if that works for them wonderful. I am work to create art, magazine features and gallery showings. I am in it for the art.

Comments

  1. Jessica L. Cobb's work is far from amazing. It very stunning and I love her lighting in every shot. I love that fact no matter the person Jessica can show every women out there how beautiful they really are. She's an inspiration to my photography. She's a very talented artisan of photography. I absolutely love every shot she has taken and would recommend any women that's looking to do some inspiring images of themselves that never thought they would step into the light to give her a call and watch the magic 1st hand. Keep up the great work Jessica you are my inspiration just as much as you inspire every model to do something they never thought they could do. Thank you for everything and more to come in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Transformation Tuesday Give away

To Enter you must Share this blog post on your timeline  and comment below on why you would want to win. What you win is a transformation session and a digital images of your before and after.    

I choose to LOVE radically

I knew this day would come, a day that in our current political environment I would be faced with a decision as a conservative Christian woman should be a "struggle" for me. I should stand up for my faith and I should turn away clients that are LGBT... as a "good Christian" I should be a warrior for my faith!! Help guide them away from their sinful lifestyle. Take advantage of the opportunity to stop this "sin" in its track!!! I should furiously defend the teachings!!! YES here is MY chance to be a martyr!!!Here is MY chance to prove my faith!!!  So I did just that, I took this opportunity I was faced with and made a choice! I choose to love and to love radically, I was driving into my studio and ask myself accountability questions as I was questioning myself (don't read into this that I felt wrong about this, I felt at peace but I KNEW others will judge me) and I always ask myself accountability questions.  I turned on the radio to FLN to  the spea

As always a crowd pleaser ;) Krista